Bruce J. Kaye’s clients benefit from his four decades of experience specializing in Plaintiff’s personal injury cases and other areas of civil litigation and dispute. He has successfully handled a wide variety of personal injury matters, including those in the contexts of wrongful death; accidents and collisions involving automobiles, trucks, snow mobiles, motorcycles, bicycles and horses; products liability; slip-and-fall injuries; and ski accidents and other accidents on recreational properties. He has also represented clients in legal malpractice claims and insurance bad faith matters.
Mr. Kaye has successfully tried cases in the state and federal courts and negotiated settlements in numerous complex civil cases. He also leverages his expertise in cases involving the wrongful denial of benefits under Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance policies, both in the ERISA and non-ERISA scenario including bad faith in non-ERISA disability and health insurance claims.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Kaye has extensive experience in the areas of mediation, negotiation and arbitration. Mr. Kaye regularly serves as “personal counsel” for clients who have been sued in civil matters, protecting their interests vis a vis their insurance company.Examples of Cases Handled by Kaye and Associates:
- Mr. Kaye and his partner successfully tried a complex commercial case on behalf of a small businessman against a financial institution.
- Positive representation of many individuals whose private disability or health insurance benefits coverage has been wrongfully denied.
- Litigation of many serious automobile, truck, motorcycle and bicycle cases involving closed head, traumatic brain and other catastrophic injuries.
- Successful representation of a professional in a complicated employment claim in a securities arbitration.
- Mr. Kaye successfully tried a legal malpractice claim resulting in a favorable verdict for the firm’s client.
- Successful representation of a doctor in the arbitration of a dispute with his partners over the dissolution of their professional practice.
- Representation of a group of low-wage employees in a meat packing factory in a federal case under the Americans with Disability Act.
- Successful representation of clients on wrongful death claims arising from automobile crashes and hazardous conditions in buildings.